> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> I'm pretty sure that all the countries who were whining about the US not
> doing enough
> for the Tsunami victims will be sending millions of dollars of aid. Because
> of course
> they know exactly how to help.  I believe France is leading the charge.

Surprise! Looks like everybody but the U.N. (Useless Nutcases) is on board.

The State Department said offers so far had come from Belgium, Canada, Russia,
Japan,
France, Germany, Britain, China, Australia, Jamaica, Honduras, Greece,
Venezuela, the
Organization of American States, NATO, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece,
the Dominican
Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, South Korea, Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Assistance ranged from medical teams, boats, aircraft, tents, blankets,
generators and
cash donations.

France May Mobilize Relief From Caribbean

  By Associated Press

  September 1, 2005, 7:51 AM EDT

  PARIS -- French humanitarian aid officials met on Thursday to examine ways of
providing
support for victims of Hurricane Katrina in the United States, a
  French Foreign Ministry spokesman said. France is considering ways of
mobilizing relief
teams from the French Antilles in the Caribbean, ministry spokesman
  Denis Simonneau said at a news conference.

  "France expresses its readiness to bring this aid based on the needs American
authorities express," he said. French authorities were following Katrina's
  aftermath "with particular attention," he added.