I would not say that was the perception of the U.S. response up here. I
think the media in each country took the line that their government was
doing too little... in Canada our news reports made it look like the Brits
had all-out mobilized, for example. But then when you turned on the BBC
World Service, they were making it look like their government was asleep at
the switch. It's an easy line for the media to exploit, as governments
always fumble something during crises, it's inevitable.

Our government ministers did not even bother to alter their holiday plans,
except for one principled guy who flew back into town and did most of it by
himself. Even when the prime minister harangued them for it, he of course
did not lead by example but instead remained at some resort in the Bahamas
and bitched them out by conference call. How inspiring!

Hell, we waited so long to deploy our 'rapid response' disaster unit that I
think it packed up and came back in something like two weeks because the
time for rapid response was over. DUH.

Mac

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm pretty sure that all the countries who were whining about the US not
doing enough for the Tsunami victims will be sending millions of dollars of
aid. Because of course they know exactly how to help.  I believe France is
leading the charge.

Ken

In a message dated 9/1/2005 5:00:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,