The more "civilized" we get the more we depend on some government to save our bacon?

NO WAY! Until recently the community gathered together to assist where needed. If you got hurt, you did have some blame, but the rest of your village or those around would come to your aid. If you happen to get dead, well, you got buried most of the time and life went on.

Now we have to let every faulty excuse for a human breath air, consume water and not add to the benefit of the society at large. We pay farmers to not plant, poor folks to not work, make welfare moms spit out more kids the government pays for. If we keep letting the government pay for people, maybe we should not be surprised when the sell them, or let them rot as a not fungible commodity.