[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Actually, "the list" started as Mercedes-Veterans list and was started by
> Alex Gabard of Switzerland.

Disinformation.

The VETS list was started by Gabard. The mbz.org lists were started when
Richard, along with several other people, got themselves 'banned' from the
Ritter/Easley list. The two are completely independent of each other. The
first mbz.org list was actually what came to be known as the "Banned" list.

>  Richard agreed to administer the list for
> Alex, then commandeered it.

Disinformation.

Richard did not 'comandeer' lists, nor is it technologically possible to do
so. If a list owner was not keeping it up a list, or had lost interest in
continuing to do so (a very common occurrence, as mailing list admin
requires both time and patience, and never ends), Richard would take it over
with their approval, and bring it under mbz.org.

Sure, Richard used volunteers as list admins. I have a rough idea what the
Bimby sponsorship amounted to, $$$$ wise, and if you want to suggest that
Richard could have made money off it, while also paying list admins, then
please teach my accountant your math before my next tax return.

There seems to be some suggestion in these exchanges, that Richard only had
interest in lists that he could dig money out of Bimby to subsidize. Maybe
someone would care to explain, therefore, why Richard also hosted lists for
Rover cars and tropical fish, among other things, as well, though last time
I checked Bimbyparts has no interest in either.

> Rusty has graciously provided funding to keep the MBZ.org list
> alive for several years (at exorbitant (extortion) rates) and continues to
> support this list financially.

Disinformation.

Rusty does NOT support Kaleb's lists in any way, shape or form, unless such
an agreement for support has taken place in the last few days (and I imagine
we would have heard about it).

Rusty's presence on lists is for business advantage. That is fine. He
contributes parts expertise from time to time, and is kind enough to host
parties for list participants. No one, including me, has any objection to
that (and such participation is refused on many, if not most, car lists by
the way).

Bimby sponsored the mbz.org lists. True. However, Bimby did not 'own' them,
in any way shape or form. To the best of my knowledge, it isn't even legally
possible.

Rusty's main agreement with Richard was for the original portal to
buymbparts.com, linked off mbz.org, AND (probably most importantly) to use
Richard's expertise in keeping Bimby appearing in the Google top ten of