what was that funny looking 4 wheel drive they had? I think the 6's were 200
cid.

You must be talking about the AMC Eagle. The 6 cylinder engine were 4.2L 258 CID, and many had rear main seal problems including the one that we had. It was a wonderful winter car while living in Bend, OR. The college is built on a hill, and if you didn't have a 4WD on a snowy winters day, you didn't get up there! Rather than having the rear main seal and clutch replaced, we shoulda just dropped a 617.95x turbodiesel into it!

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon

1978 300CD 200K+ miles, Vinnie