On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 13:55:08 -0400 Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Like all the others"--- Yep. The problem with politics is that we keep
> electing  politicians. The people with the greatest hunger for power are
> those least  trustworthy to wield it. And I don't know of any solution
> to that, other than  limiting the power of government and expanding the
> freedom of the people.

Which is what our Founding Fathers thought they had done. But then again,
there was the admonition by John Adams that, "We have no government armed
with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality
and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the
strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our
Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly
inadequate for the government of any other."

Craig