Kevin wrote:

> > > Or a transmission temperature guage!
> >

> Chevy HDs have them with the allison. Very easy to install aftermarket setups
> in everything else (like the powerchoke when I get around to it).

I believe Ford had a gauge option in the 7.3 PSD with four speed. Sort of an
on/off gauge like the engine temp of the same vintage. It had two readings,
"OK" and "please deposit $3,000". Supposedly the idiot lights with needles
result in fewer service calls than real gauges, some owners would bring their
truck in under warranty if a temp gauge started reading higher than when new,
so Ford designed a gauge that always read the same unless there was a real
failure.