In a message dated 7/6/2008 12:20:37 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

At idle,  with temp about 95 outside, its running about 400.
low side about  60.  Rev it up and high will peg on the guage, low will
drop to about  40 I guess.  Other than that, it cools great, seems to

Kaleb,

Assuming the gauges are accurate, sounds a little overcharged.  At 95,  I
would expect about 40 psi at the suction and maybe 250 high side at  idle with
the electric fan on.  Your evaporator temperature cannot go below  the
equivalent temperature for any given pressure.   Looking at the  R134 suction
gauge you
would observe that for 60PSI, you could only attain 63  degrees, minimum,
which might feel nice but is not gonna cut it.

Ideally, you want just enough freon in there to hold a steady suction
pressure, at speed,  just above the cutoff point. too much freon just  occupies
condenser space and makes it less efficient, resulting in a higher head
pressure
and higher suction pressure as well.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen