Did you clean out all the crud stuck between the condenser and
radiator?  My brother's SDL was about half covered with dead bugs.
No AC (bad compressor, fixed this summer), but it ran too  warm on
long grades in West Virginia a couple years ago.  Much cooler on that
trip this time.

A stiff compressor will cause the Klima to kick out.

Peter