Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 05:50:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Daimler Chrysler diesel & hybrid prediction for US
        market
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050913/bs_nm/autos_chrysler2_dc

Ridenour said he expected hybrids to make up about
5-15 percent of the U.S. market once they were cheap
enough for the common man. Diesel would take another
5-15 percent with gasoline accounting for the rest, he
said.

In Europe, where diesel makes up about half of car
sales, hybrids would take nearer 5 than 15 percent of
the market.

Ridenour said new models should help Chrysler double
its European market share to 1.5 percent by 2008-09,
thanks in part to new cars being available in diesel
and right-hand drive from the launch.

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs
Pr?fenlastwagen = Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle)
-1998 Toyota Sienna CE, 99K miles, "The Van"