Craig McCluskey wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120282924207
>
>       .... this one has the first double overhead cam diesel engine so it
>       does not need a turbo. It will out run my previous Mercedes 2.5turbo.
>       This car also has the more diserable 4 speed transmission that does not
>       cost $4500 for repairs like the newer 5 speed unit.
>
> Are these three statements true?

The OM606 that is in the car does have similar horsepower numbers to the
earlier diesels (may even be faster than an '87 300D).  If you are at
any altitude above sea level though it will get slow fast.  Personally,
I wouldn't buy a non-turbo unless it was a W115 or similar vintage where
one wasn't available.

The five speed transmission is in the W210 chassis.  It is about twice
as expensive.  Most likely to do with the fact it is computer controlled.

My 2.5T is still for sale ;)

John