When we go to war in order to "free" the Iraqi people in the name of
democracy we *should* apply the same principals that made this country
great. That includes the freedoms and liberties given to us by said
document. Gitmo detainees are non combatants and should be extended
those same rights or they should be treated as prisoners of war and
handled under the Geneva convention.

Where does is say anywhere in the Constitution that those rights and
liberties granted *only* apply to citizens? Note the word posterity in
the preamble.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect
Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility
<http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#DOMTRAN>, provide for the
common defence <http://www.usconstitution.net/constmiss.html>, promote
the general Welfare
<http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#WELFARE>, and secure the
Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity
<http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#POSTERITY>, do ordain
<http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#ORDAIN> and establish this
Constitution for the United States of America."

Have any Gitmo detainees been found guilty of any crime? If not then we
have kidnapped civilians from a foreign country. If someone did that to
us it would be an act of war (hello Iran in the 70's).

-Rolf