From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MBZ] Porsche

<<I'm willing to be crucified if needed, but I'm fairly positive that
the only VW sourced engines ever to show up in a Porsche product were
the 914 and 912E (same flat four T4 engine) and the early version of
the Porsche 924, with that oldball amalgam of the Audi 100LS block and
weird overhead cam head w/Vega-style adjustable lifter cups.  I'm also
fairly positive, in fact quite sure that all the 356 engine variants
were of Porsche design and construction, though were somewhat similar
to VW T1 engine designs.>>

You are correct. My previous arguments referred to the vertical fan fours which
do resemble VWs externally. BTW, which American car used the Audi/924 block?
924 owners are still trying to live that down.

RLE