Danny,

I'll give you another direction--restricted fuel supply, probably a dirty
final filter cannister.  Lots cheaper!

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 265 K miles
98 ML 320, 157 K miles
94  Bravada, 190 K miles

In a message dated 8/7/2008 3:29:42 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hi
As a long time lurker on the list, i have a problem that i can't seem to
solve that i need input on.
The car is a 124 300d with 337K miles. it runs  great and is aside from a
tranny rebuild at 225K has had no unusual  repairs.
At the moment it appears to have a turbo boost engagement problem.  (??)
when driving on level ground it will cruse at the normal  75mph but
acceleration is slow and the rpm doesn't go above 2500, it shifts OK  both up
and down.
However going up hills it looses all power and when  pushed to 3000 rpm it
actually loses speed! It does not kick  into "turbo mode" and continue to
accelerate - but the overdrive kick  down is working.
I have checked all the vacuum lines with a mityvac and  find nothing blocked
or dead, all connections are OK and there are no  cracked hoses or torn rubber
junctions.
Service is up to date for fluids  and filters....

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017
)