Zeitgeist wrote:

The wife wants a daysailer, so I'm looking around for the largest
trailerable boat I can find (for cheap), but I'm concerned about the
feasibility of managing that kind of weight behind my rigs on a
regular basis.  Anyone got some experience, tips for me?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/boa/97586530.html

Thinking of setting up both my 300D and Vanagon for tow duties. Though I prefer the MB due to the auto-tranny and mo-powah, I already
have the hitch for the Van installed.
I have no idea how much that weighs, but if its less than 3000lbs (1500kg) and has trailer brakes (750kg without) you can tow it. Although a lot of people will give you knee-jerk reactions that you are a bumbling idiot. I asked a similar question on mercedesshop and got blasted by everyone except 3 or so people.

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?t=118560

On the mbz list there was a guy over in Norway (I think) who increased the towing rating on his W124 300D and towed quite a large camper trailer all over the area for 6 weeks. He even got Mercedes to legally increase the towing limit on his car.

So it is possible. You just have to make sure you pay attention to whats going on. If I remember correctly you're doing an intercooler project, which would mean you know exactly what you can and can not do with the car ;)

Best of luck with it!

John
'79 300SD