I have no ability to get anywhere near full boot up.  It shuts down
within seconds of restart.

was an upgrade install.  I should have removed old drive, install new
formatted drive and clean install, but am idiot and did not.  I think
it is failing to get to optimization part at all.  Would love to boot
into firewire target mode and kill some files to make room.

Will reset PRAM and see.  Have changed to verbose a while back since
I wanted to see what all was happening.  It shuts down before I can
read the last few lines.

clay