Clay,

What type of upgrade did you do? A *real* upgrade, or "archive and
install?"

In my experience the upgrade almost never works, because it keeps
around old drivers and software in the OS that aren't compatible with
the new version. Some simple driver such as a network VPN client can
keep Leopard from booting.

Generally when I do an OS upgrade, I buy a new hard drive and put the
old one into an external case as a backup. I do a clean install, and
then copy back the applications and user accounts from the command
line with cp -a, setting up the permissions by hand with chown/chgrp
after making the same accounts with the control panel.

I doubt it's a disk space issue, because it won't let you install
unless there's enough space. You know it's not a logic board issue if
you can still boot from a CD or external firewire drive.

Sincerely,
Tyler William H Backman
1987 190D Turbo Biodiesel