From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Wonko the Sane
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:47 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Biggest PIA simple 123 repair is....

I am not sure what the issue is. The battery in my W123 is right there,
looking at you.  You disconnect the cables, take a deep breath, and snatch
the big-ass'd battery out of the tray. Then you grasp your chest and take a
few deep breaths.

Take a drink of the beverage of your choice, then install new battery in
reverse steps.

You're not actually securing this beast to the battery tray, are you? Mass
alone keeps it in place. I've had my 240D for about three years now, and the
battery is held in place by gravity and has not shifted. I have cobwebs as
proof.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:32 PM, andrew strasfogel
wrote:

> Hey if I can do a job, it HAS to be easy!
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:26 PM, OK Don  wrote:
>
> > Huh???? It's easy and simple in the all manual 240D! You have the
> > wrong 123 my friend, and I have the cure  ;-)
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Luther
> wrote:
> > > And the award goes to....
> > > Battery R&R!  UGH.  Why did they have to put the &%#)($&in air cleaner
> > > in the way?
> > > On a positive note, at least it only takes a 13mm open end wrench and
> > > 10mm socket and extension....
> > >
> > > Luther
> >
> > --
> > OK Don, KD5NRO
> > Norman, OK
> > "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
> > -Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
> > '90 300D (Rattled), '92 300D (Saber), ' '81 240D (Gramps), '97 Ply
> > Grand Voyager (Vincent van-go)

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

apt-get update