I've never seen this...
My AC has worked fairly well this summer. I've had a little cold air escaping through the defrost damper...not enough to warrent the pain it is to change that pod out. Now, after the AC runs on auto hi for about 5 minutes, everything kind of fails in a mid position. It seems the fan wanes and I get a whisper of cold air out of all the HVAC orifices. I can switch to defrost and the fan becomes wicked strong and the air that comes out is about 10 degrees high than the air out of the center vents when AC is working well. What the heck is going on? I imagine it's vacuum related, but I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and had a clue for me...before I start on a vacuum troubleshooting fest tomorrow.

Thanks o-smart-ones.

Bob Rentfro
'77 300D 139K
Litchfield Park, AZ