I use one of the Prestone flushing kits in the heater water line, but
I don't know that it does what the MB specified part does. I also
don't know that it doesn't --

I bet that part could be simulated with a torch and some exhaust pipe,
a garden hose fitting, some universal radiator hose stock, and a few
clamps.

I like to use the Prestone flush first to clean out oily greasy
deposits, then the citric acid can get to the mineral deposits and do
a better job.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it, even without empirical evidence.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK