OK Don wrote:
> I use one of the Prestone flushing kits in the heater water line, but
> I don't know that it does what the MB specified part does. I also
> don't know that it doesn't --

It seems like that would flush the engine block and heater core, but not
the radiator, unless you removed the thermostat.  Maybe there's
something I'm missing.

I haven't done a flush on my Mercedes yet -- and when I do, I'll have to
take it somewhere to have it done, because I don't have anywhere to do
messy jobs like that anymore.  But when I did one on my old VW, I didn't
have any special tools, so I simply filled, warmed up, and drained the
system repeatedly.  It took about four complete fill/drain cycles before
the water stopped looking greenish.