LarryT wrote:
> we'll probably disagree here but I want my kinds to adopt my values not some
> guy I;m paying to teach history..  Religion is faith based - there's often
> no logic to it and no one will find "evidence" that Jesus died on a Cross.

There are actually quite a few logical arguments for it.  I'm not well
educated on it, but remember that you can't prove or disprove any
religion.

> IMO, it doesn't have anything to do with teaching  the kids to think.  it's
> about breaking down their belief systems.

Seriously, whats wrong with that?  If their believe system is so easy to
break down that a history teacher can destroy it (I think a philosophy
teacher would be more likely, and that *is* what he's supposed to do),
they never really believed their faith to begin with.

John