OK, a couple of weeks ago  you guys remember I finished the install of
the trans in the 190D, and it would not shift past 2nd.  That was when
the baby was born and didnt mess with it anymore.  Well today I messed
with it a little bit.  This is a 722.409 out of a 2.6.  I have 2 of
these trans.  The one I installed on the car has this fluid line that
runs from the back cover on the drivers side (govenor?) to solenoid then
to a port on the front drivers side of trans.  The only thing I can
figure out about this setup is the epc says something about increased
shift points.  Im not sure what exactly it does.  I applied power to the
thing and it clicked sure enough.  Not sure if having power opens or
closes it allowing fluid thru.  Does opening it increase pressure or
relieve pressure?  Anyway, I tried it with power applied, still no shift
out of 2nd.  I tried it with no power, same thing.  Next I though about
stuck kickdown.  I unhooked wire to it, applied power, it clicks.  I
tried driving it with the wire left off, still wont upshift.  Is it
possible that the kickdown is stuck internally somehow even though it
clicks?  This tranny looks good, was supposed to be good, had all the
ports plugged when I got it.  It drops into reverse with no delay, same
with drive.  Im stumped.  What would cause it to not upshift?  Is it
FUBAR?  I SURE dont want to have to pull it again and try the other
tranny I have.  Could it be something to do with it being a tranny for a
2.6 behind the diesel?  I wouldnt think so.  Anybody got ANY ideas or
anything to try?
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,