I am still wearing hiking boots my ex's father gave me off of the Dexter
shoe factory line (he was the factory foreman -- back when Dexter was not
make in China but in Maine). Ex and I split in 1992, which gives you a clue
as to the age of the boots. In fact, I wore these same boots during
Pensacola flight training in 1981 -- had to get a waiver to wear non-issue
boots. It was a no-brainer for the rule makers, given that they were far
superior to what the military issued me. I had the only dry feet during the
survival training weekend in Pensacola.

They are still almost like they rolled off of the Skowhegan, Maine assembly
line -- except the decades have formed them to my individual feet.

My standard motorcycle riding attire.

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/