Hi All,
Perhaps you remember the issues I've had with my '90 2.5L turbo (225K). I
was fairly sure I had a head gasket issue but also a loud knocking noise
from possibly lower in the engine. I decided to have my Indy proceed with
removing the head and replacing the head gasket. Unfortunately the head
gasket was fine and the head was cracked in three places near the injectors.
I'm now in the position of either replacing the engine with a used engine or
finding a good head. PNP's seem to be asking around $2500 for engines. I'm
not sure were to find a reasonably priced head. The car is in great shape
and has had a recent rear end rebuild.

I'm really in a quandry as to how to proceed. As you can see by my signature
line I have plenty of transportation. I'm also being forced by my company to
work in our Mexican office for possibly up to six months so I really have no
need for any cars for a while. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

And NO I'm not taking $500 from Kleb at this point.

--
Ralph Wasserbaech
2001 E320 wagon