O web page, how do I update thee?  Let me count the ways!

1) Open the appropriate file with my favorite editor, emacs.
    OK, it's usually always running, and the file is usually
    already open.  Not even a step, really.

2) At the end of the file, M-x today-insert, which I usually
    abbreviate to "toda" since that's all that's required.
    Automatically puts in a line such as:

    <H3>Friday, September 26, 2008<A NAME=26Sep2008></A></H3>

3) Type my invaluable (unvaluable?) thoughts.  Purple Prose
    is optional.  Compose in HTML directly.  Perfect for those
    of us that prefer TeX to Word, anyday.

4) If Chicken, preview the page before publication.  Usually
    Firefox is open on the page already, just hit refresh.  If
    not: "M-! open page.html".

5) Publish.  "M-! ./doupdate"  Script sends all updated pages
    to the ftp/http server automatically.

That's it.  Repeat daily.  Hardly ever leave emacs, just as it
should be.  Need to find something in some page somewhere?
"M-X grep blibble *.html".  C-X-` through the hits.

-- Jim