Cool!  I actually ran across those valves in my search for new
shut-off valves, since the originals in our house will not turn off
the water. I have to use the meter to turn it off if I want to replace
a bib washer.
I wondered how they could tell the difference between a shower and a
broken pipe. I was trying to imagine flow meters on both sides of
valvfes that would know if they had been opened or not, nothing a
simple as a timer!

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 7:07 AM, harry watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was telling SWMBO (my sole partner in building our metal frame home) how
> great this list is.  I told her that our grey water lint problem may be
> solved thanks to Allan's tip through this list.
>
> She suggested I share some things we built into our house that some of you
> may not be aware of and stated we have three or four things she had never
> seen or heard of before.
>
> After waking up to a broken washer hose in our previouse house, when I read
> about the Flo Logic, I had one on order that night.  The price has tripled
> since then, but is a better system.
>
> It has saved us one big time when the ice maker tube broke.  we came home to
> water on the kitchen floor and that was all.  There have been numerous times
> a leaking toilet or a faucet inside or outside was left on that caused it to
> shut off, small things, but handy.
>
> One of the main things we like about it is the ability to turn off all water
> to the house with a push of two buttons.  If my wife had to turn the water
> off at the meter, or lose an eye, her nick name would be Patch.
>
> Ours has been in service for 12 years, we have it set for 15 minutes because
> there are only two in the house.  When company is here I go back to the 30
> minute default.
>
> http://www.flologic.com/Automatic-Water-Shutoff-System.html
>
> Harry

OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK
"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and
mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."  - Ernest Hemingway
'90 300D (Rattled),  '92 300D (Saber), ''97 Ply Grand Voyager (Vincent van-go)