Wow badass... Who knew there was anybody on Craigslist that was honest about
anything? ;)

-Curt

--- On Wed, 10/1/08, Chuck Landenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Chuck Landenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Porsche built Mercedes?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2008, 2:56 PM

Curt,

He's NOT FOS!.    He's right on target.  But not totally built by
Porsche.  The '92/'93 500E's were build cooperatively by both
Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.  I don't know which built what, but each
car took 18 days to build and during that time was transported
between factories during construction as stated in the ad.   For
confirmation:   http://www.e500.org/

I own one (1992, Smoke Silver - 702 Paint Code) and it IS a "Banker's

Hot Rod"!......  Solid and quiet and very fast.  And to the
uninitiated, it can be mistaken for a 300E.  One item of his ad is
incorrect.  The 1994 E500, with the E-Class front end mods, was built
solely by Mercedes-Benz.

Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix