I have a can of Biobor algaecide that came with the car but the directions
are quite complicated, not to mention hard to read, as they are printed in a
twisted way around the can.  Has anyone used this stuff?  I currently have
about 5 gallons in the tank (1983 300TD), or about 1/3 of a tank.
Otherwise, I started it up today after a couple days rest and it ran very
sluggishly for the first minute, then eased into normal operation (all flat
roads).  I ordered a tank strainer and install that   after the Biobor
treatment, if i can figure out how to do it.

Incidentally, the inline fuel filter is sparkling clear - not a speck of
crud in it.  Another question - is it normal for there to be a release of
air (or vacuum) when I remove the fuel filler cap?

Thanks to all for your great ideas and input.

Andrew