Euan wrote:

> [How did we get on to this topic?] If the quotas are too generous, we'll end
> up
> looking like every other over-populated country in the world. Not only will
> our
> vulnerable economy and welfare system struggle to cope but our society will
> begin to
> resemble those the migrants are so desperate to leave.

How generous is the welfare system? Would somebody from the states want to sign
up for it?
Can the statesiders offer those who are a couple of months away from running out
of welfare benefits the choice of a free ticket to NZ instead? (probably not
viable, our non-workers outnumber your population)
In other news, some of the non-workers are among the recipients of $2000
relocation
cards from FEMA. If you give a bum $50, he'll run to the nearest package liquor
store. If you give him $2k, he'll decide it's a reason to celebrate, so he'll go
to the nudie bar instead. (yep, FEMA cards have been used in strip clubs) While
I'm
sure that many people are using the cards as intended, there are some that you
cannot help by giving them money. We need a good exportation policy for them.