To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Brake Pad Question

you know this concern is just stupidity, right?  i mean, maybe one might
argue that for some very brief time on a cold day, the akebono's aren't as
good as good old pagid, but to translate this into some formula of "these
brakes won't stop you unless warmed up" is ridiculous.

the akebono ceramics are the best brake pads i've ever used. if they are a
concern to you, just keep buying the old soft pagid/textar/juird types.
personally, i just use dan-block on the backs of my 123s because they are
CHEAP and do the job.

if akebono ceramics frighten you, just get something else, but don't fall in
for some nonsense about them being race track brakes that will kill you if
not heated up right.