OK I am having a gander at the WIS and so far the MAS and regeneration valve (which I understand the EGR valve to be) are looking like culprits that can cause fluctuating idle.
The regeneration valve can be blocked off to eliminate it.
Also check that the vacuum hose from the regeneration valve to the idle speed controller is in working order. Another but more of an outside chance is insufficient ignition voltage but that would not be dependent on engine temp. It does help in cases like this to have the month and year of build as well as the VIN and engine number as the WIS has dates in which faulty components where installed.

Hendrik

Loren Faeth wrote:
94 E320, with new engine harness and a recently replaced throttle body from a 96:

Runs fine until warmed up, but a little tendency to search. (fluctuating RPM)
 When warm, will die at stops, probably due to searching.

Any ideas what could cause this and how to test components other than the stealership plug and $$$Charge$$$$ method?

Another chapter in "Why I like Dissels!"

Don't want to spend big bucks. it is a Kaleb car.

Loren Faeth