Ok Don wrote: "Some did everything in their power to keep kids in the family
and safe, others just wanted to fill out the forms and get out of there, and
those who saw themselves as the saviors of the modern world. You would not
believe the things that adults do to kids."

Well said, Don. I agree.  My father is an MSW (and psychologist).  When I was
small, he had just gotten off active duty and was starting a private practice.
I can remember some stressful nights when he would get calls in the middle of
the night from a local SRS person with limited training, but who knew there was
some abuse. He would often go out on these calls and sometimes a family member
or child would end up meeting with him in his home office (for hours at a
time).  I found out later, it was really just a safe place to keep them until
the police/sheriff could arrest the parent/abuser.  I don't think he enjoyed
that kind of work.  He still does some family therapy, but most of the last 25
years was working for the government treating military personnel.  He obviously
still dealt a lot with abuse, but he also had combat veterans that needed help.

Donald H. Snook