Allan Streib wrote:
Bottom line, you can't rely on a diagnosis from the school.  My son's
4th grade teacher told him and a group of his friends that they all had
ADHD.  They were all just normal 10 year old boys in my view.

My 4th grade teacher not only made that diagnosis, he volunteered to arrange medical treatment and function as the "go-between" for my parents and the doctor, so my parents would never need to be bothered with communicating with medical professionals or knowing what was going on. And this was in 1973.

I later learned he was suffering from ulcers that year. I'm happy I was able to contribute.

Mitch.