i understand that it is sometimes just practical to use the microsoft OS.  i
have some vendors who have systems of communicating with their inventories
that simply will not work on anything other than the MS OS.  if i want to
know if there is a certain bilstein shock in a warehouse near you and don't
want to wait on hold for 20 minutes, i have to run MS.  (no, wonko, your
wine emulation/virtualizations don't really work).  sometimes you are just
stuck.

but kleb makes no sense at all.

1.  what does he need run that can't be run off a non-ms OS?
2.  what does he need to run that can't be run on XP but only on Vista?

as downloading porn and emails does not require any microsoft product at
all. his motivation is a mystery.  we i in such an enviable position, i'd be
microsoft free forever (and i've even tried to do that, but just couldn't
because of business requirements)