On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:08:16 -0600 Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Re: ext2/3...I didn't know XP would write over it or even know that the
> partition was there?

Yeah, the partition table is the standard sort, so XP knows a partition is
there, but the partition type number is something it doesn't understand.

When I was fighting with XP/Intel motherboard and BIOS problems last year
with 13 computers for a control system, I made sure I had a fresh install
of XP each time I reloaded (which were many) by loading Linux and then
re-loading XP. Loading Linux was quick and fun. Loading XP was slow and
painful.

Craig