From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:01 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, vista again

I would rather use XP, but this new computer I have had for a while came with Vista, and its very difficult to go back to xp on it.

Gary Hurst wrote:
i understand that it is sometimes just practical to use the microsoft OS.
have some vendors who have systems of communicating with their inventories that simply will not work on anything other than the MS OS. if i want to
know if there is a certain bilstein shock in a warehouse near you and
don't
want to wait on hold for 20 minutes, i have to run MS.  (no, wonko, your
wine emulation/virtualizations don't really work). sometimes you are just
stuck.

but kleb makes no sense at all.

1.  what does he need run that can't be run off a non-ms OS?
2.  what does he need to run that can't be run on XP but only on Vista?

as downloading porn and emails does not require any microsoft product at
all. his motivation is a mystery. we i in such an enviable position, i'd
be
microsoft free forever (and i've even tried to do that, but just couldn't
because of business requirements)