but I think mercedes, or any car company make a lot more money per car on
options than on number of units they sell.  So for benz to sell fewer up
market cars, fully loaded, probably nets them a lot more money than selling
a bunch of stripper cars.

I wonder how many E class taxis they'd have to sell to make the money they
do off one Maybach, where most of the parts are plucked from the AMG parts
bin, and marked up 1-200% over what they'd be if bolted on an S Class?

Ed
300E