Tell me Rich, do you see any down sides to it? :<)

Harry

It does not exist.

You need to collect stuff that is highly distributed and low volume. You will need to give them containers to store the stuff in. It will be more effort for the source to separate and deal with it, so you might have to pay them. You need a place and equipment to compost it. You need to sell stuff, and you are competing with "free" as in whatever a homeowner mows or rakes or generates from the kitchen. You need permits (probably hazardous waste and enviro aspects as well as a host of others) to operate, licenses, tax numbers, corporation fees, etc etc. You are competing with $2/40lb bag from Lowes and Home Depot. You will need to pay people to work, plus all their overhead costs. You will have people screaming that you are putting a hazardous waste facility in their neighborhood (no matter whether it is or not). Your start-up costs will be prohibitive. Your operating costs will be prohibitive. Your marketing and sales costs will be prohibitive. Your market will be small. Your product is heavy and not easily transportable, and not very attractive to most people.
Other than all that it is a great idea.

I found that bannedlite thing, will check that out.

--R