Marshall wrote:

"124.133 - maybe downhill with a tail wind (or driving at a steady 35-45

mph). Dave M sometimes gets 32. A '90s 300D 2.5 can deliver 35 as can a

'95 E300D"

I concur with this. I have a 90 300D 2.5 I recently took it on a 1000
mile trip. I drive fast.  I got 35.5 mpg on one stretch through Kansas
and Oklahoma (pretty flat obviously).  Every check was over 30. I
managed 32.6 for the whole trip.  When I am on the Kansas Turnpike I run
minimum 80 max approx 90.  So I think this car really likes to run at
higher speeds. Of all four MB diesels I have had, this car gets the best
mileage for me.

I have no idea what my in town mileage.  I don't drive that much unless
I take a long trip. So, in a normal month without an out of town trip, I
will fill up once.

Donald H. Snook  1990 300 D 2.5 247K

McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.