2000 Suburban, original alternator, 2-3 yr old Sears Die Hard Gold battery. A few weeks back the morning of the first cold snap, wife leaves home, drives 10 miles, stops for gas, would not start again. I go there with spare battery, try a jump, no start, put in spare battery, OK to go. Take battery to Sears, they put it on charger, it takes a charge, they pronounce it good. Put it back in Suburban. Been running fine since then until...

A coupla days ago, wife drives Sub to airport, it sits for 3 days, sorta cool days/nights, won't start Sat night when she gets home. Airport guys jump start, she comes home. Yesterday would not start again, this morning I charge it up, starts OK.

Volt meter says 14+V, not that that means anything if the alternator is not putting out much amps, but it seemed to be fine since the first episode.

I am thinking bad battery though it was fine since the first episode until Saturday night, maybe a month or so. Nothing seems to be draining it (lights, etc.).

What think the assembled multitude?

--R