Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:20:20 -0500
From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 190D is starrting to piss me off
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Sounds like what happened on my old Toyota truck when a rusty brake line
finally gave way.  Not so much a "bang" as a sudden loss of brakes.  And
because it had only one reservoir feeding both circuits, brake fluid was
rapidly depleted.  I thought MB had a split reservoir, my 300D does, for
example.

Not sure this explains the grinding.  Could a caliper have torn loose
somehow?

Allan
--
1983 300D