Front bearings are the easy ones to do. I just a rear wheel bearing on my 87 190 and the tooling that is needed is something else. I was able to get it done but tooling for the job would have made it a lot easier. I got it done with an 18 in section of 3/4" threaded rod and a 5 inch steel disk with a hole in the center for the threaded rod. Next one I do will be easier.

Robert Massmann
81 Rabbit dsl pickup, 82 300D, 85 300CD, & 87 190D 2.5 turbo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Chamberlain" <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 190D is starrting to piss me off

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I can now say with some athority that wheel bearings are nothing to be scared of. When I do the other side on the 190D I promise to take pictures and make a page.

I hope you stick to that promise---I need to do front bearings soon on
my 300D (which I assume are the same or very similar like everything
else between the 124 and 201 suspensions).

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.