In a message dated 9/28/2005 8:21:58 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I've  found a rust free 450SEL and I'm curious if the car will run on
mid-grade  gas.

Also, what mileage can I expect on the  road?

I had a 1979 450SEL from 1991 through 1998.

It was a great car and used regular unleaded fuel.  Fuel mileage was the
main reason I sold the car.  My mpg were usually south of 16mpg.  The best
I'd ever seen was on the highway driving was 17 or 18 mpg.

A huge car and very stout of performance.  My 116 was my first Mercedes, and
I've owned nothing but Mercedes since then.

GG