Most of those older Benz's do not require any type of high octane fuel. Higher
octane gas which is mostly required in LEV's or Low Emission Vehicles. Higher
octane say 91 or higher does not burn faster than say 87 or 89 it burns slower
which results in a cleaner burn. Almost all of the pre 90's Benz's run fine on
low octane and don't require anything more than 89 or less