-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:22 AM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1977 450SEL Update

If the cam was worn bad enough to cause a miss you would have a hell of
a ticking sound I would think.

Tom Hargrave wrote:

> I checked out the car that started this thread and I'm not going to
purchase
> it.
>
> The body and interior look great - all it needs are carpet and a dash
cover.

> But then I started & attempted to drive the car. The engine would not come
> off of idle until it had warmed up. Also, it had a serious miss. I know
from
> my past two 4.5 liter Mercedes engines that a miss can be caused from
> several expensive items, including (from personal experience) a bad cam
> lobe. Too many unknown costs scared me away.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Hargrave
> 256-656-1924
> www.kegkits.com

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE,
  85 300D,  83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
  76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 69 250
Okie Benz Auto parts-email for used parts