Bill R wrote:
Hi Manfred - When I was asking about routers awhile back there were any
number of suggestions and links to plans for making homemade antennas that
were supposed to be good.

I guess I never mentioned what I'm using with my cell modem, it's just a basic corner reflector, which I believe adds about 3db. The distance from the dipole antenna to the corner of the aluminum foil reflector is based on the wavelength, I think it's around 2" for wifi. All you need is part of a cardboard box and some aluminum foil, and a knowledge of the direction the signal is in.

Mitch.