Yeah that's what I would do but she isn't that into making something like that. I would also expect that that would be kind of overkill for the short distance involved. They might get into trouble by covering other communications if it got too powerful. So she was just looking for a real good off-the-shelf piece that would let her connect and then bring home to use at home when the time comes.

Manfred

Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:13:56 -0500
From: "Bill R" <billr32...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Router help

Hi Manfred - When I was asking about routers awhile back there were any
number of suggestions and links to plans for making homemade antennas
 that
were supposed to be good.  I plan to try one or more of them soon.  I
 had
cataract surgery this morning so I should soon be better at reading the
small print and figuring out what might work, though I am having a bit
 of a
hard time typing at the moment.
BillR