The few times I've bought a new car I have put this in the contract.  What
usually ends up is that they still put a license plate frame on it.  I'm not
going to argue over that because I can remove it (and I do) within minutes of
arriving home.

It's the dealers that used to paint or use stickers on their cars that had
problems.  I remember buying a Ford Escort in 91 that had to go back to the
dealer's body shop the day after I got it so they could remove the dealer's
logo that was stickered on the hatch lid.

The guy from the body shop that did it thought it was pretty funny.

Dan