R A Bennell wrote:
My personal experience may be at odds with the theoretical view but I
believe that the wind makes one feel much colder and I believe that
it will make a vehicle feel much colder and more stiff when one tries
to drive it in the winter if it has been sitting in an exposed area.

Everybody agrees that wind chill affects HUMANS (and other critters). There is no doubt a windy day will FEEL colder than a calm day.

However, for NON-LIVING things the wind will only cool them to ambient quicker. ie, your car will get colder quicker when its windy, but it will not go below ambient.

Since we have internal sources of heat, the whole getting cooler faster thing makes us FEEL colder since we need to increase our heat production.

John